Thursday, September 06, 2007

The Drama Continues

Yes... the fun just never ends here. So Wednesday was DJ's 2nd day at college. He left the houe with plenty of time to get there and he actually knew what exits to take yesterday. He left here at 7am and his first class was at 8, enough time in my book. At 7:17 I get a phone call.... it's DJ calling (from the cell phone that he didn't want) to tell me that some lady just rear ended him on the parkway. I was like you are kidding right D? He laughed and said "mom... NO! I'm not kidding" I quickly ask if anyone was hurt and where he was. No one was hurt thank goodness, but then I hear a little chuckle in his voice and he says to me... mom you've got to see this ladys car. It's brand new, she got it 2 weeks ago. The whole front end it smashed. Now DJ has a huge GMC Surburban and the only damage he got was that the bumper was tilted down a little. So being 18 and never in an accident he didn't know what to do. I told him since there was little to no damage that we could see to his truck to see what she wanted to do. She was on the phone with her husband and with that I started to get dressed for my 30 min. drive to get to him. He calls me back to say that her husband said to call the police I was like that is fine that is really what you should do since she is going to need a tow truck to get her off the parkway. Then he calls me back to tell me that her cell phone won't call 911! I was like what? Every cell phone is suppose to call 911 no matter what. Thats its main purpose. The lady even made him try to call using her phone and all it did was beep. He didn't know what to do. I was like call 911 from your phone goofball. Kids.... When I arrived to the location of the accident the State Trooper was already there and in his truck filing a report. The lady was sitting in her brand new PT Cruiser Convertible that the front end was crushed. DJ was sitting in the passenger side of his truck just waiting. I checked to see if he was ok and he was and then he started making me lol. This kid has the strangest sense of humor. He just makes me laugh. Then he says "you know .. I was making damn good time today and I was going to make it to that first class!" He just kills me.. So day 2 was just as bad as day 1 except he actually went to his 2 math classes and got to sit down with the wrestling coach. Lets see what drama could possible happen today on his drive there.

As for Joseph's first day, I guess it went quite well. I get no information from that kid. Sometimes it's just better that way. I do know that he went to all his classes so that is a good start, but he did inform me that every other day he has study hall the period of the day and he won't be there. ugh.... When will this one finally move out of the house???? I swear if I had him first there wouldn't be any others. He is the poster child for birth control. My sister said that 16 years ago and it took her 10 years to finally decide to have child (thats because she moved away from him and didn't see him everyday, lol). I guess there is always going to be one.

Jonathon is flying in tonight at 11pm and I'm very excited. Its been 3 years since he's been home. I hope he is excited also.

Other than that,,, not too much going on here. Hope everyone has a terrific Thursday!

7 comments:

Darcey said...

Hopefully day 3 will be better:)

Sofia said...

OMG! Hope day 3 is drama free. :-)

Colleen said...

Wow! Glad DJ is OK anyway... 3's a charm I hope!

CircesMagic said...

OMG!!! Here's hoping to a wonderful day 3!

What College does he go to? Or is supposed to go to but can't seem to get to? LOL!!

Janet said...

Good grief! I'm exhausted just reading about this! I think they're worse than teenage girls, if that is possible!! :-)

EquineSpirit said...

Glad DJ is alright although I must say...he sounds like he has my kind of sense of humor...LOL! I would have found something to laugh about so long as everyone was alright! :D Hope things start going better soon!!

Noelia said...

OMGosh the freakin' drama! LOL!
I didn't mean to laugh but it was such a funny post and I don't mean the events, but rather the way you tell the stories. You crack me up Lynn! Can't wait to read tomorrow's post.