Thursday, October 18, 2007

Getting Ready

We are getting ready for a Car Wash fund raiser for the Wrestling team. It is this Sunday and I'm happy to say that Applebee's was kind enough to give of the use of their parking lot and water. Hopefully the weather people are right and the weather is nice like they are predicting. I'm hoping that we will raise about $1,000. at this Car Wash. This will be a big help in sending the boys to camp this summer.

Planning a Car Wash is no easy task, let me tell you. You have to find a place that will allow you to do it first of all. Then you have to keep reminding the boys that they NEED to be there. Then you have to try to recruit the help of parents (which is normally easy with this group of parents, but not this time). You also need to purchase the supplies you will need: soap, sponges, rags, oak tag (for signs), cases of water (for the boys and to sell). You have to make flyers and then beg businesses to hang them in their windows (loads of fun there). It is just a ton of planning and I have NO co-mom to help. The co-mom that was suppose to train this year to take over is never around and has not returned my calls (this is not making me happy,grrrrr).

Anyway, it should be a good day. I think the boys will have fun and hopefully it will be profitable. I'm sure I will be taking ton's of photo's, so be prepared Monday. This is the flyer that I did to hang up in the store fronts. Nothing great, very simple I think.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday.

10 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

Good luck with your car wash. Isn't it funny about finding people to help? It seems its always the same ones.

Noelia said...

Good luck with the car wash! I hope it's a success and hopefully you'll find someone to help you out with it. I've been doing my share of fundraisers lately and it's a huge task to do alone. I would so help you if I was in your city, I love this kind of stuff :)

Heather said...

I hope it all goes well Lynn. I'm not a fan of planning fundraisers! I'd love to have my car washed though!! Your list from yesterday was great too!

Colleen said...

Good luck with the car wash and hope the weather holds out for you!

Linda said...

Good luck with the car wash, hopefully you will have a nice day for it.

Patter Cross said...

Wow, I pray it goes well! That sounds like a huge task!

CircesMagic said...

Your still involved with the High School wrestling? I think that is great! Hope you are feeling well!!

toners said...

Best of luck with the car wash! I know at my kids' school it's always the same sets of parents who help out; it can be very frustrating so I feel your pain!

Gabrielle said...

Have fun and good luck with the Car Wash! Wish I lived closer, I would definitely come on over! :)

Gabrielle from 2Peas :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

good luck! are you feeling okay? how are you doing these days?