Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Where do you go?

The 2 peas challenge for today is: When you are stuck and need some inspiration. Where do you turn? I know that there are so many places to turn to, but truthfully, I always turn to my 2 peas blogging friends. You guys are always supportive and constantly inspiring me with new ideas. I will also take a little carpet ride through the 2 peas gallery to see what others are creating. It is really amazing at what you will find there. There is so much creativeness there, sometimes it just kicks my creative juices into high gear. Then I just hope for the best.

Other inspiration comes from my sister. Since we web cam almost every day and she is a scrapper also we always bounce ideas off each other. We also share every single one of our pictures so we know what photo(s) we are working on at the time. Sometimes its a little weird, because all of sudden we are telling the other what photos we are doing and we picked the same photos. Then we decide not to show each other what we are doing with them and give a time frame to be completely done and then we show our creations. Its really fun. We have pretty different styles so its nice to see the photos that you are working on in a different lo.

I will also go through some magazines and books for some inspiration. But the first 2 are my main helpers, lol.

TV this week so far.....
House: Ok... I don't know about any of you, but I just kept lol last night with House. I just loved this episode this week. Now for anyone that watched...... Is the one guy (who looks of Indian decent) Bug from Crossing Jordan. He just looks and sounds a lot like him. I could've also sworn that I saw the guy from Men in Black.... the pawn shop guy who grows his head back. Ok.. maybe I'm losing it. If you watched... what did you think? I really loved it. He was very witty again, harsh, and mean sometimes, typical House. I loved the scenes when Chase, Cameron, and Foreman come walking in slow motion. Then the scene when he does surgery and Chase is in the observation room and gives the diagnoses. That was priceless! I'm also glad that he "Fired" those twins (boring) and that other girl (with the accent) at the end. I really didn't care for her.... too snooty if you ask me. I was a little surprised that he kept the plastic surgeon and that blonde girl, but we will see what happens next week.

Has anyone gotten to watch this new show Cane? Staring Jimmy Smits. It is pretty good. It is much different than what I expected, but it is getting very interesting and I'm wondering where it is going to end up going. It is basically about 2 families, one is from the town they are in (somewhere in FL, I think, very southern state) and the other family came over from Cuba and planted themselves right there in the town on many acres of land and started a sugar cane farm. Which the other family also owns a sugar cane farm, but does not like the Cuban family and for many years has tried to get rid of them with numerous things (like killing the youngest daughter and never getting caught). Apparently, Jimmy Smits was adopted by the Cuban family many years ago when he was a young boy and actually seen one of the men who worked for the other family kidnap the little girl, but no one every believed him because that family is very prominent in the community. Now Smits has grown up and married the daughter of the Cuban family, how weird is that. The Cuban father (you know him I just can't think of his name... Hector something or nother) decides he is going to retire and give each of his 3 kids 30% of the business and Smits gets 10% giving him full control of the company. Now a family feud is going on. It gets even more interesting. If you go here you might be able to get a better idea of what I'm talking about since I'm just rambling on. Cane on CBS.com - Home

Ok... that is it for me today... I hope everyone has a Wonderful Wednesday!

4 comments:

Linda said...

I haven't seen Cane yet. I'm always afraid to watch something new in case I get sucked into it. But I like Jimmy Smits so I may have to check it out.

Colleen said...

I haven't seen that Cane yet either, but I'm a big Jimmy Smits fan!

Sounds like you've got more than enough scrapping inspiration, so keep that mojo goin' girl!!

Noelia said...

Great post Lynn! Nothing more inspiring than being inspired by your friends. I know I'm inspired all the time by my blogging friends.
I haven't even heard of Cane and I love Jimmy Smits hehe. I can't believe he's still doing tv...I used to love his gangster movies back in the day LOL!

Pearl Maple said...

Thank your for your kind comments on my blog. Will agree with the amount of inspiration that can be found on 2 peas, something for everyone there between photos, stamping and papercraft.

Thanks for all the fun creative things you are putting out there.