Monday, October 29, 2007

Journaling?

2 peas challenge for today: Are you the type of person who thinks you need to have journaling on every layout you create?

I don't think that every layout needs to have journaling, but I seem to do it on just about all my layouts. It is weird, I feel if I don't journal that I will forget in time what actually happened on that day or that moment so I feel the need to journal so I won't forget the story. I think I have only 1 or 2 layouts that don't have any journaling on them.

I've seen many, many layouts that don't have any journaling on them and they are just beautiful and I say to myself "why can't I do that?" I just can't bring myself to do it. I want my kids, grandkids, and maybe even great-grandchildren to know the story behind the photos when I'm gone. I have inherited boxes full of photos that were my grandparents and no one knows who half the people are in them. It is actually sad, because I'm sure they are related in some way or another and we have no way of knowing for sure.

So there you have it, I journal because I feel the need to tell the story that someday no one will remember.

Hope you all have a Marvelous Monday!

6 comments:

EquineSpirit said...

Great answer to the challenge...I rarely journal but then I don't like my handwriting and I'm too lazy to type it out on the computer...LOL! Oh well...maybe someday that'll change but for now I just don't have it in me.

Colleen said...

I'm exactly like you and have a hard time even doing just a little journaling!!

toners said...

I agree with you, Lynn. When I do a layout I think about a couple of generations ahead of me - I want them to know at least the who, what, and where of a photo :)

Heather said...

I think those stories are important. We have so many pictures from my grandparents that don't even have labels as to who people are let alone a story to go with them. Some pictures I scrap twice because they are good photos but have a story too. I also like the hidden text layouts. So you can include the story but not have to make it a direct part of the layout.
Thanks for the update on how you are all doing! I had to laugh at the spray paint! Maybe you should send him here for a few weeks. I've got tons of stuff he could paint!
I'm so excited for Shannon and her new life adventure! She is so brave!

Unknown said...

good answer. I just have a problem not telling the story, kwim?

Aimeslee Winans said...

I am so with you on this, I think mainly because we are both older and are unlucky that the industry and technology wasn't this far along when our kiddos were babies. It's so unfair! No amount of Photoshopping can help some of my photos, rofl. As for the journaling, oh yeah, well, I just add a journaling page. I don't show it, but a lot of my 1-page layouts are actually 2-pgrs in my albums, cuz I add a journaling page, coordinated, of course! LOL
xoxo