Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Pumpkins?

Well as funny as it may seem the 2 peas challenge for today was: have you carved your pumpkins yet? If so did you take pics to make a layout.

Well as a matter of fact, last night we finally got around to carving some of our pumpkins! We had a lot of fun, but we are not finished yet. We even had Shannon's ex-bf stop over to carve a pumpkin since his family does nothing like that and we didn't want him to feel abandoned.
So let the photos begin!
First here are a few photos of Shannon and DJ cleaning out their pumpkins (and one of me, ugh)
This is dh Danny's pumpkin. He never carved pumpkins with us before, but really wanted to do one this year. So I think he did a great job (of course, I had to clean out his pumpkin because he is clueless).
Next is DJ, his pumpkin was HUGE! as you may have noticed in the previous photos of him cleaning it out. He carved a pirate ship into his. I really came out great. Of course I don't have a photo yet of it during daylight, but it glows really nice. Then here is mine. I didn't think it was going to turn out so good. The photos don't do it justice (mainly because of the flickering light). I think it is pretty scary. Here is Steven's (Shannon's ex). I really could not get a good photo of his I think it got to windy and he had it so close to mine so all that candle light flickering didn't help. His is very nice and he did it all free hand! It has a bat, a spider, and a girl on the side, plus he carved out MY LOVE on the top. Very nice. I will take day light photos today. Now as for Shannon's, she is not done! She is doing something that is so difficult, I can't believe her. I hope it stands up nice for her. She is working very hard on it. We were carving until almost 11pm last night.
Yesterday when I got home I had an envelope in the mail from Heather. Heather is so sweet. I could not believe it when I opened it to find 2 Cricut crayons and this adorable card she made. I had just recently read about the new Cricut crayons and was thinking of getting them for me and my sister. I can't wait to try them out.

Heather, Thank you again! This was such a wonderful surprise and thoughtful gift. You are really wonderful.

So my friends, I've bored the heck out of you all today. Come back tomorrow for more pumpkins! I will also have daylight photos of the ones already done.

Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!

8 comments:

Janet said...

Lynn, your pumpkins are amazing! Holy cow...I cannot believe how detailed and intricate they are! Our trick-or-treat night is tonite, so I have to get busy today! Thanks for the inspiration! :-) Janet

Sherry said...

WOW, I hope when my kids are teenagers they will still want to carve pumpkins with me & my hubby! I am impressed!

Great pics!!

Katy said...

Those pumpkins look just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing these with us. We didn't carve any this year because we were away last weekend, but next year we'll definitely take some time and do this!

Colleen said...

Wow! Awesome job with the pumpkins and great to see all the pics! We're going to do ours tonight!

Linda said...

Your pumpkins are wonderful! I still keep ours simple and just cut out shapes for a face. :)

Noelia said...

Wow Lynn! Those pumpkins look amazing! I could never do that, even with stencils, I don't have the patience. No pumpkin carving this year for us, we're not staying home to hand out candy, instead we're going trick or treating with some friends in their neighbourhood.

toners said...

The pumpkins look great! I hope you all have a wonderful night tonight :)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love the pumpkin carving jobs, love how they look in the dark, that's the test, yours look awesome.

And may I say, I love those expressions of yours in the photos. Love your sense of humor. Great! You better scrap those pics!

I so apologize for being behind. I should be on anxiety-attack meltdown watch today. Calgon, take me away! ROFL xoxo