Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Somethings Wrong?

Here it is 3am and I can't sleep. I don't know what it is for the past week or so, but I will usually fall back to sleep about 5am and then I have to get up by 6:30am to get Joseph out the door (he can't function in the mornings, me either lately!). Then I stay up because if I go back to sleep for that hour or so... I can not get moving when its time to. Its almost like having a hangover,but I didn't get to have fun or a drink for that matter. I go to work until usually 2 (even though now they are screwing up everyones schedules and making cut backs, how do you cut back someone who only works 25 hours a week?) and by 3pm I'm usually crashed out across my bed for at least an hour nap. This is not normal! I'm usually a very busy person and have tons of energy. Not lately though. And then add that I haven't been sleeping good either at night, my world is crashing.

I did mention all this to my doctor who still believes that it is depression. I was taking a medicine and I have to tell you that it made me feel worse than before. I slept all the time during the day and at night was sleeping , but was not comfortable and woke up really late and with the hangover affect. Plus, I gained almost 20 lbs in 2 months from this crap! What is that all about. I wasn't even eating really. I had no appetite. So we finally convinced my prescription plan to give me the medicine that my doctor first wanted me on. Lets see how this goes. It can't hurt to try at this point. I will be starting it tomorrow (this morning). I know that it does take time to kick in, but I'm hoping (crossing my fingers) that this one works. I really don't like taking all this medicine. Maybe that is why I constantly have heartburn and acid reflux. I'm about to give up real soon with all the meds and just take nothing, but I really do know what will happen (done this before) and ended up in the hospital and spending 2 years in a wheel chair.

Ok... on to some good stuff! Did anyone see Private Practice last night? I cried at the end. This was a very sad situation. I think this show may be a keeper. I love how strong Madison is. Now I have to say I did put on the new show Pushing up Daisies, but didn't really get to watch it all. I'm not really sure about this show. It was a little weird to say the least. Then I was in full focus (well most of the time, when Joseph wasn't bothering me) on Dirty, Sexy, Money! I really love this show. All the little twists and turns. Very interesting to see what is going to happen next. I would have to say this is a Must Watch Show. Now again I have not gotten the DVR from cable company yet... so I kept switching inbetween Private Practice and Kitchen Nightmares with Gordon Ramsey! I just love this show and again he was right out here on Long Island! I can't wait to visit this restaurant.

I have not scrapbooked in days now... still trying to figure out how to get the little area I have down in the basement (with all dh's stuff thrown all about, and did I mention all the dust, cobwebs and who knows what else) cleaned up and organized. I really have to work on this this weekend.

Ohhh well............ I've rambled on forever, ok... 18 mins actually, but that is enough of your precious time. Go on... get out of here and have today.

7 comments:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

I know what you mean about the lack of sleep feeling like a hangover - been there...
good luck with the new meds, hope they make a difference

Debbi said...

Oh I hope you can figure out the medications that are right for you. Dont give up. It will work out eventually.

Linda said...

I hope that your new meds will help you feel better.

I can't believe I for got to watch Dirty Sexy Money. That's what I get for not watching Private Practice, for some reason I am having a hard time getting into that show.

Rachael said...

I hope the new meds will make you feel better!

bananafish said...

i hate how sometimes the side effects of certain meds are worse than whatever you're taking them for. Hang in there. congrats on the new camera! hope you're better at figuring it out than I:)

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Lynn! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting. Come back real soon! Girl, I've been down this road, deja vu-doo, LOL And I took myself off Lexapro and Hydrocodone cold turkey after I had a period of lucidness and saw I'd gained 70 pounds in 18 months -- noooo. Meds can be evil. I've lost 40 of it, but it's hard. Chin up! You're not alone. Don't forget that. Oh yeah and the sleeping, same here too. Love Dirty Sexy Money too!

Janet said...

Oh, Lynn...I'm behind in reading your blog. I'm so sorry you've been going through this! If you're not sleeping at night, that can really make everything worse. I hope the new prescription does what it is supposed to w/o the side effects. Hang in there! Janet