Thursday, October 25, 2007

Working at the Car Wash!

Well as some of you know I had a Car Wash fund raiser for the Wrestling team on Sunday and I have to say it went pretty well. I think we could've done a little better, but given that the weather broke that day (it ended up being almost 80 in October in NY!) people headed off to the pumpkin fields or beach instead. I had 20 boys show up to help plus some parents and we raised $500. I think that was pretty good for our first time even attempting this sort of fund raiser. All the money is going towards reducing the cost of summer camp for whoever attends. I am hoping to also getting a bake sale in there in the next month and maybe a chinesse auction. As I mentioned previously, I forgot my camera so I have no photos of my own. Waiting for one mom who brought down her camera for a little while to give me photos as soon as I get them, I'll post them.

I've been tagged by Colleen:
1. Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
Colleens blog: Random Pondering
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself (on your blog, we all want to know them).
1. I do not like the cold weather.
2. I can whistle like a man and I've been told that it is much louder than a mans!
3. I could sit in a hot tub for hours.
4. This is not my natural hair color (shoot! did I really say that?) I color it myself and it takes me almost 1 1/2 hours from start to finish. The color I use most often is LoReal's For Dark Hair Only- RED HOT
5. I was a catcher in softball for many years until a knee injury and then I played first base for 7 years. I even played on a major womens team at the age of 17.
6. I could eat ice cream everyday. (and usually do, lol)
7. I'm a tough love type of person. Kids today have most things handed to them on a silver platter. I saw a 16 year old the other day in his new BMW that his daddy gave him. What are we teaching our kids? My kids had to earn their first vehicle from me and let me say most of the vehicles were over 20 years years old or close to it when they got it. Not only that.... they have to pay their insurance on their vehicles also. Hello, I don't have an extra $3,000-$5,000. to spare.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
Maureen-
Dana-
4. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

5 comments:

CircesMagic said...

Wow! $500 is way better then no money, that is still some nice cash, I can't believe it was 80 degrees! Everytime I hear the word NYC I give a sigh, what I wouldn't give for a NYC Pizza, LOL!!! Best of luck at the bake sale!

Linda said...

I'm glad that the car wash went well.

I agree about the tough love. Our 12 yo wanted an ipod last year and we said no. So she saved her money and bought her own.

Colleen said...

Glad the car wash was a success!

Love your list of facts! So much fun to find out little bits aout each other this way! Glad you played! Heather is really going to have to do this now because I tagged her too! lol

Aimeslee Winans said...

That tag is getting a lot of air miles, LOL. I was tagged by Heather, and I hope nobody else. It's my 2nd time doing it, but ya cannot refuse a friend. I quit as of now, tho, lmao.

Wow, $500 is good, but your goal is for some big bucks, The camps are hideous how expensive they're getting.

I had to LOL at your hair coloring. Me, too, but mine is L'Oreal Preference #8A. I obviously don't care who knows, LOL. L'Oreal's the only brand that doesn't turn my hair red (or orange, which is not cool). I love ice cream too!

toners said...

$500 is a nice chunk to add to your fund :) Great job! I love your list - totally agree with the tough love - and the ice cream! LOL!