Thursday, October 11, 2007

Raccoons or Squirrels?

Well this is the ultimate question for this morning. Late last night or should I really say about 3am this morning Lacey (our dog) jumped off the bed and ran to the window. Now she normally never jumps off the bed unless someone just came home or someone or something is in front of the house. All of a sudden I start hearing this unbelievable animal screeching. It was in the tree in the front and to be honest I'm not sure if it was 2 squirrels or a raccoon after a squirrel. This lasted for about a minute and was making Lacey crazy! She was barking like crazy and kept running from the room to the back door like she had to get out there. I finally let her out the back so she could see that they were gone, but she insisted on barking anyway. Eventually I was able to get her back in the house, but she kept a vigil at the window for about another 30 mins. which kept me up. With that I didn't get back to sleep until 5:30am! The fun just never ends here. Something exciting with every twist and turn!

2 peas challenge for today:
Are you a person who will go out of your norm to try something new at least once. Or stay with that your comfortable with?
I think that I mostly stay in my comfort zone in most cases. I have and will try something new a lot of times, but then I just go back to what I'm comfortable with. I think that I'm a creature of habit.


Thats it for me today. I have work (which they keep cutting my hours, I'm not happy about that)today 10-1. Why bother I think sometimes. Then later I'm going for my IV treatment. I hope this one really kicks in. The last one really didn't work that great. Other than that nothing much is going on.

Hope everyone has a Terrific Thursday.

8 comments:

jillconyers said...

Funny story that would have driven me crazy at the time.

I have the best of intentions to venture outside my comfort zone but it rarely happens.

CircesMagic said...

That is just crazy, you are probably so tired...take it easy and good luck with the IV...How is DJ doing in school??

Darcey said...

Good luck with your treatment!

Linda said...

I stay with in my comfort zone too. Good luck with your treatment.

Aimeslee Winans said...

I hope you get to feeling better and your IV treatment goes well.

Teresa Loop said...

Yikes, do racoons eat squirrls? Good thing your dog is on patrol!!

I hope your IV treatment goes well and you get some relief from it.

Take care of yourself!

toners said...

LOL at your animal story! I hope your appointment went well :) Hugs!

Janet said...

That must have been quite a bit of excitement in the middle of the night!! Hope your treatment went well. Are you feeling better now? jp