Monday, October 15, 2007

Looking Good At 50!

Yep.... dh Danny turned 50 yesterday! I think he is still looking good for 50! I hope I still look good at 50 shoot. We had a very pleasant day yesterday. It was nice and quite. DJ and I went to pick up his gifts, which took over an hour. The kids wanted to get him an Olympic weight bench and weight set. It was something that he was talking about for the last few weeks so they jumped on it. The only problem is that Danny was not expecting anything like that and didn't have any room to put it in the garage. The longest part (the bar) is 7 ft long! Ohhhh well. I think he is looking forward to working out a little every day. We know that DJ is! lol He was drooling all over this thing.

Saturday, the kids and I went to the pumpkin farm. It was packed and I have to tell you that I was shocked at the price a lb. they were getting for those pumpkins! It costs a small fortune to get 4 pumpkins! It was 65 cents a pound! That is highway robbery! Not only that, but you could tell that the farm owners placed all the pumpkins in this field, it was not the actual field that they were grown in. Needless to say, my kids were pissed off about that. Hello.... I told them... they are not kids anymore, but they were still pissed. I guess next year they will be going out East for them in the real fields.

So later Saturday night, Danny and I were left alone and still did not eat. We decided to take a ride and then we would stop for dinner somewhere along the way. As we were driving we passed this street farm that had TON's of pumpkins out! I could've sworn I saw a sign that said 19 cent's a pound. We turned in and sure enough it was! So yes... we got some more pumpkins and our 4 pumpkins cost 40.00 less then the pumpkins we got at the farms and I think they were much nicer! Amazing! Then we drove around for about an hour and we stopped at this place called The Bulldog Grille. We've never been there. It looked really nice. We were somewhat hungry so we were staying no matter what, but the food was not the greatest. Service was great though. That will be the last time we go there. After that we came home to an empty house and sat and watched "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz, Jack Black, Kate Winslet, Jude Law. I really loved this movie! It is more of a chick flick, but Danny thought it was cute. Then the kids starting flowing in of course near the end of the movie and they all wanted to know what we were watching. I'm now at the point... don't interupt my movie near the end mode. You will have to find out everything after this movie has ended I tell them. They are too much, my kids!

Well, that is the weekend in a nutshell! I pretty much got nothing done in the house that I really wanted to, but that is too bad and there is all this week for me to procrastinate some more.
Thats it for me today. I have to get moving and get to work,ugh! Hope everyone has a Marvelous Monday!

7 comments:

CircesMagic said...

Darn kids! Its like they have a built in radar, right, LOL, I go through it with my own.

We haven't been to get our pumpkins yet, I'll let you know how badly we are robbed out west ;0)

Happy birthday to your hubby, he reminds me of my FIL!

Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend, happy birthday to your dh.

I'm going to the pumpkin patch with my ds's preschool this week. I hope the pumpkins aren't that much.

Sherri said...

Happy B-day to your DH. We celebrated a B-day yesterday too.

We have yet to do pumpkins but I'm worried we're going to get hit with the same kinda pricing. Sounds like you all had a good weekend.

toners said...

Happy Birthday to your DH! Sounds like you had a fun-filled weekend :)

Janet said...

Happy b-day to your guy! He looks great! :-)

That is really expensive for pumpkins. We don't have ours yet so I will have to see what they are charging around here.

And thanks for your always sweet comments on my blog! The convention was fun and the classes went well. Of course, I forgot my camera so have no pictures! Anyway, thanks for stopping by my blog, Lynn!
Janet

Noelia said...

awwwww Happy B-Day to Danny! You and Danny are so adorable together and yes he still coughlookscoughgoodcough hehe. I'm almost blushing LOL!

Heather said...

I recently heard on the radio that the price of pumpkins is high this year because the growing season was so bad for them! Fortunately Owen got his free! I'd like a bunch more but with my luck the hoodlums in the neighborhood would smash them in the street. So we will stick with one!