Friday, October 26, 2007

Updates?

Well, today I find myself with nothing too new or exciting to talk about. So I decided to update everyone with what is going on here with everyone. My blogging friends are like family and know a lot of what goes on in my life so I figured I should keep you updated.
Lets see where to start?...... Danny (dh), has decided to continue to grow his hair out (which I hate btw), and thinks that it is straight (insert me lmao). Since turning 50, 2 weeks ago, he is going through a mid-life crisis. So the other day he decided to spray paint his entire truck black! Now I can't even tell you how many can's of spray paint he used, but it was a lot and he needed to go back for more.
Here is a photo of before:
Here is a photo of after: It looks nice I have to say. He did a pretty good job and it gave him something to do for 2 days!
As for Jonathon (24yo, ds) he is still living in Vegas. He loves it there. I'm very happy for him. He has a nice house and is perfectly happy with his life right now. He is finally starting to grow up and is calming down on the partying all the time and every night.
Now for Shannon, she has just recently broken up with Steven (bf of over 4 yr's). She has also quit her job at the bank and has decided to move back to Vegas! She leaves in less then 3 weeks! I'm so proud of her. She is finally standing up for what she wants and doesn't care what everyone else wants her to do. I'm very happy for her. This is something that I was hoping she would do a long time ago. She hasn't decided if she is going to live with my sister or ds Jonathon yet. Its a big decision for her. She is about to start a new and exciting life. She is looking forward to it.

ok.... where do I start with DJ? I think you all know him the best! This was my one kid that I never had to worry about and the most level headed of the group. He was always determined to get what he wanted and now that he had to quit school and can't wrestle this season I know that it really got to him. DJ lives to wrestle and workout. He has been back to gym the last 2 weeks since being sick and is doing sooooo much better, but the not being able to wrestle is killing him (and me for that matter).This is the first time in 14 years that he has not been able to wrestle. Now what do I do? Thank goodness I'm still the team mom.lol. Also, he is looking at getting rid of his Suburban and getting a different vehicle. He just kills me. He has gotten very lazy around the house also. It is a form of depression I'm sure, but he is giving me a run for my money lately. Now as for Joseph (16yo ds), this kid is making me gray and age faster than any other! All I can say, Is if he was child #1 there would not have been any others! He is constantly disobeying, angry at the world, doesn't want to do anything with his life, but hang out. DJ calls him a dirt-ball (don't ask). He is a gang wanna-be! Which scares the hell out of me. He is smoking and he lies about every single thing. Everything that comes out of his mouth is one big lie! He hangs out with the wrong people (most of the time). Lets just say that he is slowly killing me! I do have to give him kudos, because all of his teachers (with the exception of gym) have stated that he is doing wonderfully in their classes this year so far. This is a great improvement. Even last night.... I asked him to be home by 9:30 and he didn't bother to walk into the house until 10:15 with of course the excuse that he ran into a friend and was talking to him, but he was also already on his way home. Give me a break. He just likes breaking the rules and loves to see how far he can push me. Needless to say... grounded for the weekend, because I did tell him if he was not home by 9:30 he would be grounded for the entire weekend.

Ok... that is it for me today. Have to get moving here. Hope you all have a Fantastic Friday.

5 comments:

Linda said...

The truck looks good. I'm glad that things are coming together for your older children. I hope your younger 2 will find their way too.

toners said...

I think the truck looks great! I really enjoyed reading about your kids...as Linda said, I hope the younger boys figure out what they want from life :) They're at a tough age...

Have a fantastic weekend!

CircesMagic said...

Men are something else, I'll tell ya! Painting the enitre truck with spray paint....but at least it looks nice. I wish Shannon all the best, to be young and unattached AND moving that is fantastic! I hope DJ snaps out of his funk, depression is a terrible thing, but at least he hasn't stopped going to the gym. I don't know what to say about your young one, have you tried just ignoring it? Maybe when he breaks curfew not acknowledging it, when he lies tell him to save his breath...sheesh, this is what I have to look forward to? LOL! The joys of motherhood eh?

Maureen said...

Wow, it sounds like you have your hands full. Hope the youngest turns around soon. And here I thought I had it rough with 1 teenage daughter!

Take care,

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hey girl, Comcast kept me offline for 48 hours, I almost died! I hate them. LOL Well, I'm just gettin to know ya, so I appreciate your family update. Would love to party with ya'll, seems like it would be fun! We could be in pain together and not care! Yay! LOL I'm having a kinda bad day today, moved my computer and had to clean 2 rooms -- wanna bet how long I'll have to pay for that? ROFL Hope you are feeling good today, laterz. xoxo