Monday, September 18, 2006

The air up there.

This weekend my hubby and I went to the Air Show out on the Island. It is about a 30 min. drive from our home. It was perfect weather for the air show. This show had a bunch of old planes and also some war planes and helli's. It also had a couple of old police cars, armed forces vehicles and just a few old motorcycles and cars (not as many as we had hoped for). We stayed out there for about 4 hours. I wish the show was better than it was. It really was not worth the 18.00 admission per person. When you hear Air Show... you think you are going to see alot of planes and helicopters actually in the air doing flybys and stuff.... not here. It was actually pretty boring. We did walk around and look at a lot of the planes on display though. The old planes are actually pretty big. I would post some photos,,, but blogger is not letting me. ugh this thing lately.. It still has my whole template screwed up I don't know how to fix that either.
2peas challenge for today: If you become a scrapper-for-hire, who would you want to work for and tell their life story? why? This can be a distant relative,friend, celebrity or historical figure, living or not.
Hmmmm... I would have to pick my grandfather. I would love to scrap about his journey as a young boy from Italy over to America. Growing up with my grandmother and then marrying her. Once married living in the home that my great-grandfather owned and my grandmother grew up in for the rest of his life. Being a NYC train conductor. I'm sure he would have some incredible tales to tell that I wish I would've gotten to paper before he passed.

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Your grandfather sounds like he lead a very interesting life. That's a shame you don't have his stories on paper.