Wednesday, September 06, 2006

First Day of School!

Yeah!!! It's the First Day of School here on Long Island! I could not wait to get the boys out for the day. I know that seems mean, but I'm sure once your little ones get to be 17 and 15 you will love that feeling also. lol I can't wait to show you pictures of the 15 year old from this morning. He is so funny. Forget about the 17 year in pictures (unless he is flexing his muscles, lol). So this morning I asked Joseph (15) if he was going to school with DJ (17) this morning, (DJ now has a car). Joseph's response was a big HELL NO! I took that as a sign that he didn't want to be seen with big brother. lol
I am happy to report that I did 1 1/2 mile walk today. They still don't have my track open. They were re-surfacing it over 3 weeks ago and told us that it would only take 4 days... Yeah ok. So I had to walk at the high school which I'm not fond of that track. NO CUSHION. The paved track makes my whole body ache.
Today is dedicated to actually cleaning my entire kitchen! I need alot of help with this. I refused to deep clean this summer when my kids came in after I just cleaned the whole kitchen from top to bottom and spilled stuff all over the place, left stuff all over the counters and didn't and wouldn't clean up after themselves. So basically, I went on STRIKE! I did not do dishes unless I used them. They were looking for plates, glasses, spoons and forks all the time. Heck the sink was full of them that you used I told DJ. He just looked at me. Hey I warned them that I would strike, and I did. Now that they are in school... no mess around.
As for the 2 peas challenge today: What handmade items are you making for Christmas this year? Anything? Any ideas? Well, I think I'm going to be doing handmade scraves and hats for my neices and nephews. That is all that I can think of right now.

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Good for you for going out to walk again. :-)