Friday, September 29, 2006

Its Friday

It is a very gloomy day here on Long Island today. Light rain since the weeee hours this morning and cold out..well cold for us right now. I really don't feel like doing much when the weather is like this. ugh..I just want to curl up in my nice heated bed and pull the blankets over my head!
Ok... I went for my infusion last night. Very good to be back there with my wonderful nurses and friends. Some of the people go every 4 wks.(like me),some go 6 wks, and some go 8 wks. So eventually we end up seeing each other at least a few times a year. When I got there one of the nurses came right out and said "Lynn we have to pre-med you" I was like why??? I never got pre-med before. Well my doctor ordered it because he doesn't want me to get any infections and because I was on this for so long before I had to stop for 6 months it can cause infection when re-started. I was like ok if thats what he says. Well pre-med takes an extra 45min-hr to get done and it is done before my remicaid. I felt bad for my friend who I drive because that means she stuck there for extra time. It did end up ok though.. they started my pre-med about 30 mins before they started her remicaid. Then I find out the doctor ordered for all my infusions!ugh!!! It ended up being a very talkative group.. The nurses (Mary and Doreen) said that was because I was there, lol. They said that when I was gone... no one talked! ugh.. how do you do that for 4 hrs! I just can't!Hopefully this treatment will kick in really nice and fast so I can be semi- pain free. My next appt is Oct. 26th.
Other news... I'm supposed to go to a slumber crop tonight. It is from 6pm-6am. I don't know if I will be able to attend. I will see how I feel later on. I was also invited to a crop in my area for tonight..I just might go to that one. We will see.
Ok.. I've got to go... Hope everyone has a Wonderful day and great weekend!

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Lynn, I don't know about your medical history, but I certainly hope your infusion helps you out. And I really hope you can goto that crop - it sounds like fun! ;D

Sofia said...

I really hope that you are feeling better and that the medication is helping. :-)

Melissa said...

hope your feeling better and that the infusions are helping :)

did you end up going to that fun crop?