Wednesday, September 20, 2006

What a CRAZY Day!

Yesterday was one of those CRAZY, hectic days in my life. It started out like normal. Get up at 6am... get Joseph up for school... get the boys out for school (I really don't have to do anything since they are 17 &15) I just want to make sure they go, lol.Then at 7am I finally get dressed, take my med's, and get into the car and drive down to the Middle School track and I proceed to stretch out and then do my 2 mile walk and then of course I really stretch out after that. I then drive back home and I had a phone call to see if I could work. I call them back and say yes (that was stupid, but I need the money).
So I jump in the shower, get dressed and now I'm off to the doctors office. He called me Monday afternoon and needed to see me. Now that doesn't sound good, but in my head I already know it is about my bloodwork from a few days before. I get there and then about 40 mins later I get to be seen. He is always sooo busy. Well.. I was right.... my cholestrol was high again. He doesn't like it. Now I do have to mention that the bad cholestrol is 175 (yes I know that is bad), but my good cholestrol is pretty high also (75). Apparently, that is offsetting the bad and it brings me down to an average cholestrol level. But of course he doesn't like it. Now he wants me to exercise more! I'm like holy crap, I'm already walking 2 miles plus I watch what I eat. I rarely eat red meat anymore, I try to stay away from junk food (it is hard sometimes), but I'm doing as much as possible. Ok.. maybe I should try a little harder with the ice cream. He can't, or should I say won't, put me on any meds for the cholestrol due to the fact that I'm already on so many meds. So we are going to watch it.
I leave his office and head on over to work. I got hired as a temp. p/t for the schools. This is perfect for me. I just wanted to get out of my house for a few hours a day (if possible). Remember DH is home 24/7! So they asked me if I could be there everyday at 10:30am-2:15 until the end of October. I said sure. It is really cute being with all those little kids again. I forgot how funny they are and the stuff that comes out of their mouths is priceless.
After work, I have to head over to the Rheumotologist! They have to do a tuberculosis test on me so I can get my infusions again. Like I said it was a very hectic day.
By the way,,, still having problems with blogger, if you haven't noticed. Everything is all messed up on here. Still hoping they fix it. I also still can't post any photos. This really stinks!
2peas challenge for today: If you could change 1 thing in our world today what would it be? Be silly or serious, its up to you.
This is a touchy subject for me.... I would have to say ANY type of abuse. This could be spousal, child or elderly abuse. There is not a person in the world that has a right to hit or abuse in any way another person. This has gotten complete out of hand and most of these people who are doing the abusing are just getting a slap on the hand. There need to be tougher laws and law officials need to act accordingly. They just can't sit there and let it happen. They don't like to respond to a spousal disruption call. But they need to. Too many people (mostly women and children) are dying at the hands of their abuser because law officials don't want to get involved. This needs to be STOPPED!

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Glad to hear you have something to get you out of the house now. :-)

P.S. You've been tagged. See my blog for the challenge. :-)