Thursday, September 21, 2006

How Did I Meet My Hubby?

2peas challenge for today: Blog about how you met your significant other. I was 18yrs old and my parents just uprooted the whole family from West Palm Beach, FL to freakin' Long Island. I did not know anyone in the area except some cousins that lived 3 towns away. I immediately went to seek a job. I noticed that a local Donut place was looking for help on the grave yard shift which I had no problem doing. My very first night there some guy (not my husband, but his close friend)comes up with a motorcycle and is trying to bring the darn thing into the building. I politely tell him NO WAY! This guy leaves and I don't really think about him again until he comes back with 2 friends at 4:30am! They were out at the bars and were coming in for breakfast. Now I'm thinking what is this guy doing. I go around and start asking what I could get them. The first guy says breakfast special and coffee. The next guy says the same thing. Now I walk over to my husband and before I say a thing he grabs my hand and starts kissing it and going up arm! I was like excuse me,,, but that is my arm and could you let go please. Hearing my very southern accent he just looked up at me and said, "I'm going to marry you!" Just like that. I don't even know the guy! I was like " I don't think so" He kept hitting on me and then he became a stalker.lol... I finally broke down after 2 months of him hounding me, following me, and sleeping out in the parking lot just to make sure nothihng happened to me. We've been married for 23 1/2 years! Sure good times and bad... but I will always remember that first night for the rest of my life.
Thanks for the challenge... I really should do a layout all about that this way it can continue to be cherished.

No comments: