Tuesday, September 05, 2006

More Tennis?

As you can tell, I did not get to blog yesterday. Nothing really exciting going on here. Just all the hustle and bustle of trying to get the boys set for school (which starts tomorrow!).Can you hear my EXCITEMENT!!! My house will be clean for more than 5 mins. It will be truly amazing. Plus, I have to tell you, being that they are 17 and 15, I'm so tired of them always looking for me and hunting me down even when I'm trying to hide in my scraproom. I know that my days will be a little more hectic with all the running around that I do for them with school, but I can't wait.
I've been pretty bad (well the weather has helped) I have not been doing my daily walk since I got back from Las Vegas. I really have to get back into the swing of things. My body is killing me and I think it is because I have been very lazy! It is use to walking at least 2 miles everyday and doing 200 sit-ups! I've also had a very hard time getting up in the morning, ugh! I am usually up by 6:15am lately I'm not getting up until 8am (this could be bad for tomorrow, I better set the alarm). Could I be depressed????? I wonder what I'm depressed about??? Oh, boy... Let me stop.
Tennis news....... I'm sure you've heard that Andre Agassi lost the other night to Benjamin Becker (so sad). He is my favorite player and I'm very sad that he won't be playing anymore, but I do understand. At the age of 36 it is hard to keep up with all these young guns coming onto the circuit. As posted in previous posts, my husband and I went to the Open on Thursday and we got to watch some great tennis. Here are a few more pictures.

This is Justine Henin-Hardiene. She is ranked #2 in the world right now. She is from Belgium. Justine has been around for a few years now. She is this tiny little woman, and very fast. Not my favorite womens player (Lindsay Davenport is) but she is ok.
As for the 2peas challenge for today: Think of one of your best friends, what is the first thing people would notice about that person? This was pretty easy for me. My best friend has been my best friend (non-relative) for 30 years! I think the first thing people would notice is that she is very caring, loving person. She listens to what you have to say. She is a shoulder to lean on when needed. Sandy is the first person to go out of her way to help you when you need it. Heck, that is why she is my best friend. We lean on each other in times of bad. We laugh with each other in the good. It is sad that we live so far apart (not across the country, but far) we don't get to see each other like other best friends but we do try to talk to each other all the time. She lives in NC and of course I live in NY (Long Island).
Well that is it for me today. I hope everyone has a Wonderful Day!

2 comments:

Sofia said...

I hope that you can get back to going on your walks. I bet the excersize would help if you're feeling down, but I know that's probably the last thing you feel like doing.

Sandra Collins said...

how amazing to have the same best friend for 30 years!!