Friday, July 28, 2006

Another Hot One.

It is still pretty hazy, hot and humid here on Long Island. I don't care for the humidity. Give me the HOT, but not humid.
Yesterday was a pretty hectic day. Did my walk as I posted yesterday, and my situps. Then went to the car ins. company to get insurance on my motorcycle! Had to wait, which I was not upset about, but I had already called them with all the info and they told me that it would be ready. So I get there and the receptionist asked my name and I told her. She went into the back and told the lady, Luz, that I was there. Well, Luz then tells her (mind you I can hear them) to tell me that she needs a check for 475.00. The comes out to tell me and I'm like what could possibly be 475.00? Luz told me over the phone only 15 mins. ago that it was 121.00. So this poor girl (now caught in the middle) goes back to Luz and asks for me, (remember I can still hear them). Luz now has an attitude. Tells the girl, well 252.00 if for her other bike and 121.00 for this bike and I really don't know what the other money is for, but tell her to make the check out to us. The poor girl comes back to tell me. I say to her... You know what ask Luz to come out. Now she really has an attitude ( I guess because she had to get up). I just nicely ask what is all the extra money for? She says, well you next payment on the other bike is going to be due on Aug 7th so I thought you were going to pay for that now. I was like who the Hell are you to assume that I didn't already send out a payment and then have the nerve to add it onto something else. Needless to say she didn't really like that. I was like I just want to pay for this bike right now! So she comes up with a # $174.00. So I say what is the extra 53.00 for? She then tells me that she is not sure but I guess they are charging you 53.00 for the 9 days that are left on your policy for this year. I was like... You've got to be kidding me! It costs me 121.00 for the full year and then they want to charge me 53.00 for 9 freaking days! I think that is insane. Then she changes her tune (I guess she realized that didn't sound right after she said it). Then she is like ohhh ... I think it is 26.00 for the 9 days and then they added an addition fee to the policy. I was so mad, that I just wrote a check for 174.00 just to get away from her. I was afraid I might jump over the counter and hurt her. I don't remember the last time someone got to me like that. Grabbed my ins. cards for the motorcycle and left.
I get home... and guess what???? How did you guess? Yep.. I was informed by my daughter that there is a hissing sound coming from my tire! Yep... a hole in my tire! So now I've got to get a new tire. My daughters boyfriend went with me to his cousins shop where I ended up getting 2 new back tires. FUN! I really lucked out that we went when we did. The tires for my truck can cost anywhere from 90-150. He had 2 tires that he ordered by mistake and just wanted to get rid of them..... ok.. can you say SALE! Yep.. I got both tires for a wonderful $50.00! I could not believe it! YIPPEE!
Now that the tires are changed. I'm going to relax for about 30 mins. I've been going since 6am. Well my wonderful son DJ asks if he can now take my truck to go to the gym. I was like NO! He got mad, but I still needed to get over to DMV to register the motorcycle. So I tried to relax for 15 mins, then drove him to the gym and went to DMV where I waited for over 90 mins for my # to be called. Once up to the counter everything went smoothly. The bike has a new plate on it and registered!
Believe it or not, it is now about 4pm! Yes I said 4pm. Still have no idea whats for dinner. So, I hop in the truck and go grocery shopping. I've got to tell you, when it is hot and humid I really don't like to cook. Maybe BBQ but nothing inside if possible. So it was going to be a sandwich night. I just couldn't even bare the thought of standing in front of the BBQ.
I was doing laundry during the day also.. and well.... the dryer stops working! Now I've got to go to the laundry mat to dry! I hate that. Can't wait to get that fixed. When it is hot and humid the last place you want to be is in the laundry mat! lol
So, that was my pretty hectic day yesterday with a few other little things added in. This morning I did my walk 2 1/4 miles. I have not done any situps today yet. I hurt my neck yesterday and I'm not sure I want to aggravate it.
Today, I really don't have anything planned out. Just a few little errands and that is really it.
I hope everyone has a Wonderful day!

1 comment:

Sofia said...

We've had a hot and humid week here in WA too, but it is finally cooling down.

Sounds like one crazy day! Hope the weekend is less hectic.