Thursday, July 27, 2006

Heck its Hot out there

I really don't even know where to begin today. I really should start with yesterday since I didn't get to blog at all.
Yesterday was the "BIG" road trip to Boston with my friend who needed a driving partner and I got sucked in. It is a long drive! It is about 4 hrs there and turn around and drive back another 4 hrs, ugh. It was very HOT yesterday and she informs me when I get in the truck that her air is not working! Need I say "HOT,HOT,HOT". Oh and I'm sure I mentioned in previous posts that she had to take her 4 yr old with us.
Ok.... So I get up at at 4:15am take a shower,dress, blowdry the hair a little and get myself ready for her to pick me up at 5:30. Well, she didn't show up until 6am. Then we had to stop so she could get some coffee and her daughter needed donuts. Ok.. we finally get on the road. Drive through Long Island, Queens, now going through the Bronx, getting over the Throgs Neck and her daughter decides she is hungry and wants to stop for breakfast. We were like we are not stopping until we get 1/2 through CT. She got a little mad and then I reminded her she has donuts. So that held her off. She was pretty good for most of the ride. Which is really good for her. Sometimes (most of the time) she is very bratty.
The whole ride, no problems. The minute we get to the exit for Boston we get lost! I swear. I'm not sure if we took the wrong fork at the exit or what. So it took us and extra 10 mins to find where we needed to be. We got there that is what matters most. Now the boys had called and wanted to know how long we were going to be and we told them about 10-15 mins. They were like ok.. we are going to start to bring down our stuff then. We pull up, and they are not there and neither is their stuff. So she calls them and they say they are coming down. I go to look for them as they are coming down and the 2 of them are walking down EMPTY handed! I was like "What the heck is your stuff?" They replied that it was still upstairs. So I say, "Well what the heck are you waiting for, me?" They laughed. I then said, "Go get all your stuff you lazy brats and lets get going!" I could not believe it. They both were expecting my friend and I to carry their stuff down from the dorm to the car. I don't what these 17 year olds are thinking sometimes. I swear.
Now the trip back was just TONS of fun. The 4 yr old is tired and getting a little cranky by now. Did I mention, still no nap for her. It is about 11:30am. The boys start to aggravate her, especially her brother Craig. It was getting a little out of hand and we didn't even get out of Boston yet and still had 4 hrs to drive. I said to myself, I will never take that trip with her again!
We finally got back home about 4:30pm. I could not wait to get out of the truck. I was sweating from head to toe. It was freaking HOT! That was pretty much my day yesterday.
Today, I got up and did my 2 mile walk, I did 260 sit-ups (trying to add some everyday), made the coffee, put up a load of laundry and now trying to catch up with you guys. I really need to finish cleaning this house today and finish the laundry. For those of you who read my last post.... I did about 10 things on my list that day. Not too bad, I guess.
Now for the 2peas challenge: We usually will go to the beach either by boat or take the 4x4 right on the beach. If not... then I will just blast the a/c and relax watching a movie.
Hope everyone has a GREAT day.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I feel for you and can totally relate to the lack of a/c. Our truck doesn't have a/c, and I drive it most of the time since I dont' have as far to go as my dh. It's rececently "cooled down" to the 80's here in Misssissippi...the last couple of weeks, we've broken the 100 mark, and of course we have our lovely humidity here to make it worse. Ugh! Anyway, what a miserable day! I know you were glad to get as shower!!

Melissa said...

what a car ride that was!-I bet your glad thats over with. ;) I cant imagine not having air conditioning in the car with it being so hot lately.