Friday, July 14, 2006

Hazy,Hot & Humid

Good Morning to all. I have a lot to talk about this morning.
Lets start with yesterday. Well after my walk and hanging out on the computer for a little while, I started to feel depressed. I couldn't understand what was bothering me. All I wanted to do was lay down and cry. I pretty much did nothing most of the day except my walk, and drive my son to the gym for his workout.
Then around 6:30pm my husband said "lets get out of there for a little while and get something to eat". I of course said ok! So, I had no idea where we were going. I just thought we would go to the diner for a nice little meal, (that is usually French Toast for me, lol). But we didn't and he was driving down to the water. I couldn't imagine where we were going. Then it dawned on me! He wanted seafood (which by the way, I don't eat! ugh). I was ok with that. I figured I could find something on the menu to suit me. Well let me tell you this menu was all about the seafood. They had all seafood appetizer, soup and entrees! There was however one steak dish and one chicken dish. I opted for the chicken! I have to say it was quite beautiful watching the sunset on the water and the partyboats coming in. Very beautiful! And the chicken was awesome.
Just as I was finishing my meal, my cell phone rings and its my dad. I just figured he was calling to see what was going on. They live in Las Vegas (everyone, my mom,dad,sisters, and brothers.. ohh and my oldest son). Needless to say, BAD NEWS! But he starts off with the usual.. HI, what's going on? UMMM... I just wanted to let you know that I had to bring mommy into the hospital, but everything is good now. They say she had a mild heart attack. I was like OMG! and of course starting to cry, in the restaurant. Now my husband is getting upset also. I don't normally cry, I'm the strong one. But when we almost lost my mom 11 years ago due to 9 brain aneurysm's I get very emotional. At that time (11 years ago) I happened to get the same feeling for most of the morning. I was upset, depressed and cried for no apparent reason. It just didn't occur to me that something was wrong with my mom again when this "feeling" came over me yesterday. My dad didn't even want to call me. He didn't want me to hop on a plane right away. He is funny like that.
I called my sister and yelled at her for not calling me. She was like.. Hey he wouldn't let me. He didn't want you jumping on a plane right away especially since we don't have all the details yet. She also was like..He didn't want to call you at all. I told him that once mommy was stabile you need to call Lynn. You know she is going to be mad at you if you don't. Which I would've been.
Happy to report she is feeling much better right now. They of course kept her over night. My mom is very funny. When I spoke with her last night she said to me " You know, this all happened because I quit smoking 8 days ago!" Yes, she is a comedian my mother. lol Gotta love her!
I will tell you,,, that once I got the news from my dad. I actually started to feel a little better. My mom and I have some kind of connection mentally I guess. Who knows.
On a bright note. When I got home I decided to go and check all my e-mails and too my surprise I had an email from Denise. Yesteday was her birthday and she was having a contest for a RAK and all you needed to do was visit her blog and comment. I was happy to visit her blog and comment. But to my surprise, I won! I never win anything. This is very exciting to me. I could not believe that I won. What a very nice thing for someone to do.
As for today.... It is very Hazy, Hot & Humid here on Long Island. I have already gone for my walk. And I am happy to say that my friend actually showed up today! Yeah!!! This afternoon I am meeting with an old friend for lunch. She is from here, but moved to Florida about a year ago. She is here for a 10 days visiting. It will be really nice to see her.
That is really it for me today. I hope everyone out there has a TERRIFIC DAY!

2 comments:

Kristal said...

Thanks for the comment! Sorry to hear about your mom, but glad she's doing better. I'll say a prayed for her.
We'll have to exchange walking notes(I have no idea how far I'm walking-just walk for 20 minutes). Have a great weekend ;0) ~Kristal

Melissa said...

I definitely believe daughters and mothers have some kind of connection-you can just sense that something isn't right. I'm glad to hear your mom is feeling better!

and that seafood place sounds awesome! wish we had something like that here, I love seafood ;)