Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Is it a good morning?

Good morning! ok.... really not so sure what is so good about it yet, but I'm sure I come up with something. Sorry I missed blogging yesterday, but I think I have a decent excuse.
Sunday, late morning (about 11am) is started to get really bad abdominal pains. At first I really didn't think about it. But as time was going by it seemed to be getting worse and also seemed to move down to the lower right abdomin. This is not good, I started to think. Could it be appendicitis?? I was still going to wait it out. Nothing I did made it any better. It just kept getting worse. I was very uncomfortable and in some pain. My husband was growing very concerned and said that is it we are going to the ER. I hate the ER so I really didn't want to go. He finally at about 6pm said that is it..I'm throwing you in the truck and we are going! End of story.
Well we get to the ER at about 6:35pm and it is of course packed to the gills! We wait, and wait, and wait some more. Then they seemed to start calling some people in to the fast track area. This is the area for like minor injuries, like if you need stitches, might have a broken bone simple stuff. That was around 10pm. Yes you read it right. 10pm! I'm still sitting in the waiting room in pretty bad pain. They finally call me back to the main treatment area about 11:45pm! oh yeah. Is that unbelieveable! We we got back there... need I say that there were only 4 people in beds being treated! Right after they called me in they started calling everyone in. People that got there at like 11pm were being called back right away! I told my husband never again am I going unless I am dying!
So the dr. comes in to me and I tell him everything that is going on. He orders blood work, urine anaylis,and yep.. an abdominal cat scan. This means I have to drink the god awful stuff that makes me want to throw up just thinking about it, ugh!!!!!! It seems to take me over 1 hr to drink it and I didn't even drink the whole thing, my husband saw that it was making me sick and threw some (not alot) of it out. Then of course I have an insensitive nurse that my husband kept calling nurse Rachet! lol. She never smiled and never said a word except "They still didn't come for your blood?" Finally, around 3am (yes, again you read it right) I was taken down for my cat scan, which the dr forgot to mention it was with the dye contrast. I don't mind the dye, but shoot you need to tell me! And why the hell did I have to drink the yucky drink! I've had that dye cat scan done several times and it never seemed to bother me. Of course, it was for different parts of my body. Well,,, Can you say HOT FLASH! OMG! The minute they were done with the scan I started to get very sick. That never happened before, but I'm ok with it. I just thought it could be from the yucky drink. They take me back to the ER and there I laid until 4:45am which at that time they came to the conclusion that I have a blocked intestine and gall stones! yeah for me.
So when I finally got home at 5am I just went to bed and didn't wake up until around 11am. My whole day was pretty shot after that. I just seemed out of it the whole day.
Sorry this was soooooo long today. I didn't even get to do my 2 peas challenge. I will have to make that for tomorrow. You've been tortured enough by me today.
Wishing you all a Wonderful day!

3 comments:

Sofia said...

Oh no! I'm sorry to hear about your crappy experience at the ER. I hope you're feeling better.

I had to go to the ER about a year and a half ago for my gal bladder, but I didn't have to wait as long as you. I guess I got lucky.

Melissa said...

oh my!! 1st off I hate going to the ER..its always packed and it takes forever to be seen no matter how much you are in pain.

and as for the gal stones..my mom had that last year plus pacreitis(sp?) and ended up in the hospital for 4-5 days waiting to get the surgery to remove her gal bladder. hope everything turns out ok for you and get better ASAP!

Maureen said...

Wow! Sorry to hear of your ER experience and hope you are feeling much better!