Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A very Hectic Day!

It has been a very hectic day here in Las Vegas. I needed to take my mother to have a stress test done today. She was irrate since yesterday because she was not allowed to have any coffee or products with caffeine in it for over 24 hours. We get to the office where the test is given. We wait for 45 mins to be called on. They tell my father and I that she won't be done with the first part of the test for 3 hrs. So we leave, get something to eat and well... play a little slots. We go back 30 mins earlier than what they said and my mom is just sitting in the waiting room waiting for us! So we ask what needs to be done next? They tell us .. not once but two times that she needs to go eat and then come back for the xrays. We say ok and go eat lunch. We go back and tell the receptionist that we are back, please let them know, she in turn says to just have a seat they will be with you shortly. So we sit. We wait. We keep waiting. Now we have waited for about 1hr and 45 mins! I get up and ask "what is taking them so long? Did you tell them she was back?" She looks at me and says "WHAT!" I repeat myself. Then someone else stepped up and asked what was going on. I told her. She went into the back to see what was keeping them so long. She comes out and says "OH, she was all done. You didn't need to come back" I thought I was going to kill someone. I have found that many doctors offices lately have the most inadequate staff lately. I just don't get how they can sit there... look at you... keep seeing you sitting there and not say a thing. No one apologized. They just didn't care. I'm sorry that I had to go off today, this is becoming a problem with our drs. offices.
On a higher note, I spent most of yesterday with my son. It was good to see him. I miss him when I'm home. He has lived in Las Vegas for over 2 years, but I still miss him around the house. Never thought I would say that, but it is true. I visited with my sister last night for a few hours. My niece Alley was so excited to see me. She thought I was going to be sleeping over though last night and I had to tell that I could not and that I would tonight. She was actually pretty good about it. Thats all for now. I really am going to try to relax for the rest of the night. Jet lag is starting to catch up to me.

1 comment:

Sofia said...

Oh geez! That's so rude and it would really piss me off! I used to see a doctor where I had to wait at least two hours to see him each time because he always ran late (he was the nicest doctor ever, so it was almost worth the wait). One time they forgot that I was sitting in the exam room and started closing up the office for the day! Geez!