Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's HOT,HOT,HOT

Long Island is finally getting hit with the summer heat wave! Yesterday the heat index went up to 115! I could not believe it. Today I did not even get up to go for my walk. At 6 am it was already 87 out there. I just was not going to subject myself to heat exhaustion. Today is supposed to be even hotter than yesterday. I don't mind the actual heat, it's the humidity that kills me. I just don't want to move at all.
Yesterday ended up being a very quite day for me. I did not go out on the boat with the rest of my family who (my husband) was being very nasty towards me. I thought it best to just stay home. How peaceful it was just laying outside in the yard with no distractions. Hooked up the music and the mist nozzle and laid out there for about 4 hrs.. I did take a lunch a break for 30 mins. lol
Around 2pm I came in and took a shower to beat them in there. I knew they were going to be getting back soon. And then locked myself into my air conditioned room! That is where I stayed for the rest of the day! BEAUTIFUL!
Who knows what today will bring. I don't have any plans so anything can happen. I might go get my nails done and then do some shopping.
2peas challenge:Where do you like to shop? Whats your style?--- Around here there really is nothing too close except for Joanns and Michaels. I did however find a new scrap store (Your Happy Place) across the island, it is about a 40 min drive that is really awesome and I can't wait to go back there. As for style.... I really don't think I have a style. I just put it down the way I see it in my head. I don't follow any particular persons work. I like a lot of different styles and I guess I just mush them together and get my own type of style. I'm sure it is like someones that I've seen but I just don't remember who. lol
2 more lo's that I did for my senior wrestlers album.

Hope everyone has an AWESOME day!

4 comments:

jillconyers said...

Cali must have sent the heat wave to the East. We were 112-115 highs for 2 weeks. This week is so much cooler! Have a great day!

Sofia said...

87 degrees at 6 am? YIKES! It is 9:30 here and 57 degrees.

Glad to hear you had a quiet day to yourself after all the drama. :-)

Barb said...

Ugh. Can't even imagine going on a boat in that kind of heat. It's best to just stay inside!

Melissa said...

I know what you mean..here in Arizona its in the hundreds every day. yuck!

glad to hear you had a relaxing day yesterday :) I love getting my nails done!-have fun today